Prepping for a pageant is fun, but it can also add more demands on your time in an already busy life. This can make finding time to get in a full work out in difficult. If you are struggling to make time in the day to get that cardio in then try incorporating physical activities into your daily life, so you can burn some calories without actually going to the gym.
- Make it a goal to take the stairs whenever possible and you will be surprised how often you will find yourself climbing up some steps and burning those calories.
- Just get up. At whatever age, we all find ourselves sitting for extended periods of time without moving around. Set a timer for 20-30 minutes and get up and walk around your house, school, work building etc. This can keep your metabolism up and keep you active.
- When you plop down on your couch and turn on the TV, make an effort to do some abs when the commercials come on. Or do some jump squats and push ups every 5 minutes. This keeps your mind on other things, so you don’t feel like you are actually working out (for those of you that aren’t particularly fond of hitting the gym).
- On a similar note, try to prepare for pageant interview questions while you exercise. For instance, find a stable piece of fitness equipment like a treadmill or stationary bike, that lets you SAFELY watch, listen to, or read the news as you exercise to help you prepare for current event questions.
- Maybe you like tanning poolside? Try hopping in the pool and splashing around so you can get moving while still being where you love. Then just hop out the sun will dry you off in no time.
- Try putting some rhythm in your chores. Instead of half-heartedly doing the dishes, put on some music and shake it while you scrub. Not only do you get your heart rate up, but it makes chores a lot more bearable.
- Try yoga. It’s fun, relaxing, and gets your work out in. Maybe you can try yoga on the beach!
Give these a try and see what other ideas you can come up with to get a little more activity into every day life between those workouts.